My name is Nengi Ifeanyiukachu. I am from Imo state and I am representing Nigeria in this year’s Canada’s Miss Beauty of Africa Pageant. I am very excited and grateful for this opportunity.
I am a B.A Sociology major at The Kings University and I am going into my final year. My goal is to graduate in a year and start my own dance studio. I am very passionate about dancing and people say they can I see it in the way I perform whenever I perform. If I had the opportunity I would travel the world, see and learn about different cultures, especially their ways of dancing. I just love dancing, its my happy place. In my spare time I like to read novels, take walks, hang out with friends, or listen to some good music and just do me. Kick back and relax.
I admire the beauty and diversity in Canada so much. I mean, I grew up in Nigeria and basically everyone there is Nigerian so when I moved here I was amazed by all the beautiful people here, unique in their own way, It’s really amazing how we can all live together and appreciate each other’s differences.
It’s definitely honor to represent my country Nigeria in this pageant, and I will make my nation proud.
The Second Annual Black Tie Beauty of Africa Gala is on June 10th 2017 at the Festival Hall in Inglewood Calgary! Nengi is one of 15 contestants representing their countries of origin in a positive light. Although we no doubt believe she will do a great job at representing her country on stage, here are some facts you need to know about the beautiful Nation of Nigeria!
Tickets are available now:
or on the events page on this website!!
- Nigeria is a country in West Africa.
- It is officially known as Federal Republic of Nigeria and the country is surrounded by Benin, Chad, Cameroon, Niger, Gulf of Guinea and Atlantic Ocean.
- Nigeria is also referred to as the “Giant of Africa”.
- The name of the country comes from the name of the river Niger which flows through the country. Niger spans 4,180km from its source in the Highlands of Guinea, which is in Southern Guinea. The river is also the third largest river in Africa.
- Nigeria is made up of thirty-six states and has over two hundred and fifty ethnic groups.
- Nigeria has English as its official language. Apart from this, over 30 other languages are spoken in the country. 7% of the world’s languages are spoken in Nigeria.
- The country is also very rich in oil and other mineral resources which the nation has been seriously accused of not exploiting properly over the years. It is among the top five countries in the world with unexplored natural gas reserves.
- Nigerian Naira is the official currency of Nigeria.
To sponsor and support Nengi Please message email@example.com today!